Content & Structure of the Book
The book consists of 17 chapters grouped into four parts.
Part I - Introduction to Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Chapter 1 Basics of Supply Chain and Operations Management
- Chapter 2 Examples from Different Industries, Services and Continents
- Chapter 3 Processes, Systems and Models
Part II - Designing Operations and Supply Network: Strategic Perspective
- Chapter 4 Supply Chain Strategy
- Chapter 5 Sourcing Strategy
- Chapter 6 Production Strategy
- Chapter 7 Facility Location and Network Design
- Chapter 8 Transportation and Distribution Network Design
- Chapter 9 Factory Planning and Process Design
- Chapter 10 Layout Planning
Part III - Matching Demand and Supply: Tactical and Operative Planning
- Chapter 11 Demand Forecasting
- Chapter 12 Production and Material Requirements Planning
- Chapter 13 Inventory Management
- Chapter 14 Scheduling and Routing
Part IV - Crossfunctional Technologies and Methodologies
- Chapter 15 Supply Chain Risk Management and Resilience
- Chapter 16 Digital Supply Chain, Smart Operations and Industry 4.0
- Chapter 17 Pricing and Revenue-Oriented Capacity Allocation
Each chapter contains the following elements.
- introductory case study
- learning objectives
- theory with practical insights andcase studies
- tasks with solution examples
- key points and outlook
- additional tasks and casestudies placed in e-supplement like online tutorials, Excel files, and/or videos.
A chapter starts with an introductory case study. Subsequently, major decision areas and methods for decisionsupport are handled. Finally, applications can be trained based on additional case studiesand numerical tasks. The summary of key points and an outlook end each chapter.
Throughout the book, practical insights are highlighted.